The Greater Newburgh Symphony Orchestra will be holding auditions for the seat of principal trumpet for our 2016-2017 concert season. The individual selected must demonstrate solid solo-playing, the ability to lead the brass section, and an availability for all rehearsal dates and performances. Compensation will be $50 per rehearsal / $50 per concert.
- Send a one-page resume of education and experience.
- Deadline: Friday, September 9
• Send materials and any questions to William Stevens at email@example.com.
- Hummel Trumpet Concerto (in E or Eb) – Mvt. 1 Beg.-ms. 146
- Brahms Academic Festival Overture – Measures 63-89
- Mahler Symphony No. 5 – Mvt. 1 Beg.-rehearsal 4
- Respighi Pines of Rome – Mvt. 2 Offstage Solo
- Schumann Symphony No. 2 – Mvt. 1 measures 1-13
- Strauss Don Juan – 5th bar after F to 3 bars before G, 8th bar after H to K
- Date: Monday, September 26
- Individual times will be assigned beginning at 7PM. Please indicate any conflicts with this date or with times when sending resume.
- Location: Mount Saint Mary College, Aquinas Hall, Newburgh, NY
- An exact address and room will be sent prior to the audition date.
2016-2017 Season Dates
- Saturday, November 19 at 7:30PM; Aquinas Hall – Mount Saint Mary College
- Rehearsals: Thursday, November 10 / Tuesday, November 15 / Friday, November 18 from 7-10PM
- Saturday, January 21 at 3PM (snow date Sunday, January 22); Aquinas Hall – Mount Saint Mary College
- Rehearsals: Monday, January 16 / Wednesday, January 18 / Friday, January 20 from 7-10PM
- Tentative: Saturday, March 18 at 7:30PM; Aquinas Hall – Mount Saint Mary College
- Rehearsals: Monday, March 13 / Wednesday, March 15 / Friday, March 17 from 7-10PM
- Saturday, June 10 at 7:30PM; Aquinas Hall – Mount Saint Mary College
- Rehearsals: Monday, June 5 / Wednesday, June 7 / Friday, June 9 from 7-10PM
- Saturday, July 29 at 4PM (rain date of Sunday, July 30); Downing Park – Newburgh
- Rehearsals: Monday, July 24 / Wednesday, July 26 / Friday, July 28 from 7-10PM